Dec 06, 2018
Enjoy These Christmas Events from One of the Best Hotels in Kelowna
The countdown to Christmas has begun, with only a few weeks to wrap up your holiday shopping. Why not book a weekend — or weekday — excursion by staying at one of the best hotels in Kelowna (that’s the Comfort Suites!) Take the family to see a holiday-themed show or up to Big White Ski Resort to play in the snow and visit with Santa. You can also eat, drink and be merry at one of our many Okanagan restaurants and wineries. There’s so much to do and see. Here we offer you just a taste of what’s happening this holiday season:
All I Want for Christmas Is…
Kelowna catches shopping fever at this time of year, with sales, markets, craft fairs and events galore. Grab a stocking stuffer or last-minute Christmas gift with our Kelowna Shopping Package, which includes a night in our Junior Suite and a $50 pre-paid VISA card, and check out some of these upcoming events:
- Craft Culture Holiday Market: Dec. 8 and 9 at Prospera Place. This huge market has everything from housewares to children’s toys made by more than 175 crafters and artisans from all over B.C. and beyond.
- Immaculata Christmas Craft Fair: Immaculata Catholic High School’s fine arts department is sponsoring its second annual Christmas craft and artisan fair Dec. 15 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Features locally made artisan gifts, baking, music food and more.
- Native Ornaments Workshop: Wildrose Native Traditions and the Kelowna Museum Society present this fully guided workshop, Dec. 8 from 10 a.m. to noon at the Okanagan Heritage Museum. Connect with traditional Syilx (Okanagan) culture to make beautiful holiday ornaments.
Bring Us Some Figgy Pudding
Whether it’s figgy pudding, Christmas stollen or maple-glazed ham, you can have your dessert, dinner and wine too at some of these prime Christmas foodie events, some of which take place along Okanagan wine tours:
- Enjoy some malbec, cabernet franc, merlot, syrah and more at Big White Ski Resort’s 11th annual Big Reds Wine Festival, Dec. 7 and 8.
- Feast on a four-course meal featuring vegan cheese, Christmas goodies, and Ex Nihilo wines at the Salty Caramel Kitchen in Lake Country, Dec. 16.
- Sip on brandies and cognac with the Kelowna Scotch and Fine Spirits Society at BNA Brewing Company, Dec. 17.
Jingle All the Way
Tired of watching the same Christmas movies over and over? Why not see some favourite Christmas classics come to life on the stage instead? Make a night of it by booking into the Comfort Suites, one of the Kelowna hotels TripAdvisor reviewers recommend, don your finest duds, and head on over to the theatre to catch one of these two shows:
- The Canadian School of Ballet and Ballet Kelowna presents the magic and wonder of The Nutcracker, Dec 7-9 at the Kelowna Community Theatre.
- See your favourite cotton-headed ninnymuggins in Elf the Musical live on stage at the Kelowna Actors Studio, Dec. 5 to 23. Choose from dinner theatre or the show only and laugh along to Buddy’s antics as he travels from the North Pole to New York City.
Santa Claus is Coming to Town
The big guy himself will be making a few stops at Big White Ski Resort leading up to Christmas. Get your photo taken with him at Santa’s Workshop, which will be set up at the Telus igloo, located in the centre of Big White’s village, from Dec. 20 to 24.
You can also enjoy Breakfast with Santa in the Moose Lounge at Happy Valley Day Lodge, Dec. 23 and 24 from 8-10 a.m. While you’re up at the hill, why not stick around for the Big White Christmas Eve Festival, ending with a breathtaking fireworks display.
Ski and see Santa with one of the best Kelowna hotel deals around. For more information on the Comfort Suites’ Stay and Ski package, read 5 Reasons to Hit the Slopes at Big White from Our Hotel in Kelowna.With some of the best Kelowna hotel rates around, the Comfort Suites is conveniently located near Kelowna International Airport and downtown Kelowna. Enjoy our well-appointed suites, perfect for families, couples, executives and those travelling with pets, as well as complimentary hot breakfast buffet, indoor swimming pool with waterslide and hot tub, and fitness room.