Nov 19, 2018
Hotels Kelowna: Plan in Advance For Winter Business Travel and Events
The countdown to Christmas is on and with that comes some of the busiest travel days ahead. In the meantime, there is still work to be done. For those who have businesses to run, clients to visit, meetings to attend as well as office holiday parties to book, see how you can plan in advance with these tips offered by one of the Choice hotels Kelowna business travellers recommend.
Pack for Any Kind of Weather
While Okanagan temperatures tend to normally hover around 0 to -5°C in the winter, there is usually a week or two where the weather can dip down to the minus double digits. That’s why it’s important to be prepared for any kind of weather when packing for your business trip. Besides your standard business attire, make sure to pack these items:
- Sturdy boots with treads
- Warm jacket or parka
- Thin fleece or sweater
- Toque (hat) and gloves
- Thermal underwear
- Warm wool socks
- Ski equipment if planning to hit Big White Ski Resort
- Formal wear for parties/events/nights out
- Bathing suit and exercise wear if staying at one a Kelowna hotel with swimming pool and fitness centre.
Book a Venue/Hotel that is Close to the Airport
Kelowna International Airport has become one of the busiest airports in Western Canada. In August, the airport served more than 201,400 passengers, its busiest month ever. With the holiday season approaching, those numbers could likely be surpassed. To best avoid traffic, it really helps to book Kelowna hotels close to the airport so that you can get in and out quickly. Winter is also a time when flight delays are normal, so booking into one of the Kelowna airport hotels is especially handy if you find yourself arriving or having to depart later than your scheduled time.
Look for a Kelowna Business Hotel that Caters to Corporate Travellers
While Kelowna has a number of hotels/motels located along Highway 97 near the airport and downtown, not all of them cater to corporate travellers. When booking a hotel for a business trip, convention or other events, see if it offers:
- Suites with a separate bedroom and living area in case you need to meet with clients at the hotel
- Desk and charging station for laptops, phones
- Access to in-room WiFi
- Event or meeting room rental facilities
- Access to desktop computers and printing services
- Complimentary breakfast and order-in dining services
- Fitness equipment, pool and /or hot tub for relaxing
Schedule Meeting/Event Space Now
With the upcoming holiday season, it’s important to schedule meeting and/or event space now rather than later, as Kelowna venues tend to book up quickly. When looking for a space, ask if it:
- Can be adapted for different needs, i.e. workshops, lectures, sit-down meetings, luncheons, etc.
- Is large enough for groups of say 50 people for a corporate event gathering, but also intimate enough for a smaller group so that effective meetings can be held
- Has audio/visual equipment such as flip charts, LCD TVs, and projectors available
- Can be catered with light snacks and refreshments or with full meal services
- If accommodation is available for out-of-town staff/clients
Looking for a Kelowna hotel located on the Okanagan’s main transportation corridor? Read about the Perks of Staying at Hotels in Kelowna on Highway 97.
The Comfort Suites is a Choice Kelowna hotel that caters to business travellers, offering a number of well-appointed suites that come with a desk, charging station, fibre optic Internet/WiFi, HD-TV, safe, as well as fridge and microwave. Enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast buffet, 24-hour fitness room, indoor swimming pool and hot tub and 24-hour business centre. Meeting and event rental space is also available for groups of up to 50 people.Call 250-861-1110, or email email@example.com for information.